This document contains both Course booking Terms and Conditions and Conference delegate Terms & Conditions. Refer to the relevant section to read the Terms and Conditions that govern your purchase:
Conference delegate booking/purchasing Terms and Conditions
Parties to Contract
- The conference is organised and managed by Market FinReg Ltd (“we”, “our”, “us”, “our”), Market FinReg is a trading name of Market FinReg Ltd, a limited liability company incorporated in England, number 10561783. Registered office: Kemp House, 160 City Road, London EC1V 2NX.
- “You”/”your” refers to the person (legal or natural) who has applied to us to register for the conference whether by our automated online system, or by email to us or any other equivalent method.
- You confirm that you are not connected with a country or organisation subject to UK or EU government sanctions.
- By applying to attend the conference you intend to enter into a legal contract with us which, if accepted by us, is made and accepted on these Terms & Conditions.
- Your application does not constitute our acceptance of your booking and therefore contract and we reserve the absolute right to refuse a booking without reason.
- If we accept your booking, this should not be understood to mean we are entering into a relationship with you, other than for the contract’s rights and obligations.
- If you are a legal person (e.g. a company), you acknowledge and accept that we have the right to publicly announce your booking which shall include but not be limited to announcements on social media. Such announcements shall not be disparaging or otherwise adverse to your business.
- These Terms and Conditions (together with any documents referred to herein) contain the entire agreement and understanding between us and supersede all prior agreements, understandings or arrangements (both oral and written) relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions and any such document.
- Both parties agree communication may be by email and this constitutes ‘in writing’.
- With the exception of the rights granted in clause 3.5, you are not permitted to re-sell, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of any of your rights or obligations arising under these Terms and Conditions.
- All applications to register for the conference are subject to availability and your making full payment. Full payment means the full amount being paid by you and entering our designated bank account in cleared funds.
- We do not accept third party payments. All payments must be made by the person referred to in clause 1.2
- Confirmation (or rejection) of your booking will be sent to you by post within five working days of our receipt of your booking request.
- The named delegate must be the person who attends the event. You may be asked for photographic identification during the conference. If you are unable to provide identification which matches your delegate pass you may be asked to leave the conference.
- Applications for name/delegate substitutions must be received by us in writing 7 calendar days prior to the conference date. While we are in principle open to name substitutions, we reserve the absolute right to reject substitutions at our sole discretion. You agree to tell us if the substitute is governed by clause 3
- PRICES AND PAYMENT
- Our prices for attending the conference are displayed on our website online booking form or can otherwise be obtained from us by email. Prices may be subject to change from time to time. In the event you decide to book and we accept your booking, you agree not to disclose the price to anyone and take reasonable measures to ensure the price remains confidential.
- If we decide to accept your booking, we will email you an invoice within five working days. You must ensure the full cleared funds reach our designated bank account within five working days of our issuing an invoice or we reserve the right to cancel your booking without reverting back to you further.
- If you apply to register for the conference less than two weeks before the date of the conference we will only accept payment by credit/debit card via our website’s online booking system, unless we expressly agree otherwise in writing.
- If we have not received payment in full by 24 hours before the conference you (or the attending delegate) will not be allowed to attend the conference. If payment is subsequently received, this shall be refunded to your UK/EU/US bank account, less a 5% administration fee. You accept to bear any fees incurred in returning you the funds.
- CHANGES TO THE CONFERENCE AND CANCELLATIONS
- While we have no reason to anticipate changing details, we reserve the right to alter details of the advertised content, speakers, timing and/or location of the conference. The identity of the speakers, the precise content, the venue or the timing shall not form the essence of the contract. The general subject and general location shall remain the same.
- By ‘general subject’ in 5.1 we mean the overarching topic. For example, a conference on EMIR will remain on EMIR, even if the individual speeches or content changes.
- By ‘general location’ in 5.1 we mean the same town or city.
- We reserve the right to do this at any time.
- Where we alter the time and/or location of the conference, we will provide you with notice of the same by email and will offer you the choice of either a credit for a future event of your choice (up to the value of sums paid by you in respect of the conference) or the opportunity to attend the conference as varied.
- You can cancel your booking up to six weeks before the conference date. After this we will not accept cancellations and no refunds will be returned for cancellations or non-attendance. Cancellation requests must be made in writing by email to email@example.com with the subject: CANCELLATION REQUEST.
- We shall not be liable to you for travel, accommodation or other costs and expenses incurred (included wasted costs and expenses) if we are required to cancel or relocate (out of the same town) the conference as a result of an event outside our control (including, without limitation, to acts of God, floods, lightning, storm, fire, explosion, war, military operations, acts of terrorism or threats of any such acts, any strike action, lock-outs or other industrial action and a pandemic, epidemic or other widespread illness).
- Notwithstanding clause 7, we reserve the right to cancel the conference up to 4 weeks before the conference date without reason. In this event, we shall email you and we disclaim all liability to you for travel, accommodation or other costs and expenses incurred (included wasted costs and expenses).
- If the conference is cancelled under clause 5.8, we will issue a full refund of the price we charged you for your booking, to be refunded to a UK/EU/US bank of your designation.
- Unless stated otherwise in writing, all rights in all presentations, documentation and materials published or otherwise made available as part of the conference (including but not limited to any documentation packs or audio or audio-visual recording of the conference) (“Content”) are owned by us or are included with the permission of the owner of the rights.
- No (i) photography, filming or recording; or (ii) republication, broadcast or other dissemination of the Content is permitted. You shall not distribute, reproduce, modify, store, transfer or in any other way use any of the Content (save that use by the relevant delegate for internal business purposes shall be permitted), and in particular (but without limitation) you shall not (and shall procure that each of your delegates shall not):
- upload any Content into any shared system;
- include any Content in a database;
- include any Content in a website or on any intranet;
- transmit, re-circulate or otherwise make available any Content to anyone else;
- make any commercial use of the Content whatsoever; or
- use Content in any way that might infringe third party rights or that may bring us or any of our affiliates into disrepute.
- The Content does not necessarily reflect our views or opinions.
- No Content is intended to be advice, legal, financial or otherwise. It should not be relied for commissioning or omitting any act. While we take reasonable care to ensure that the Content created by us is accurate and complete, we offer no liability to its accuracy or completeness. Some of the Content is supplied by third parties and we are unable to verify its accuracy or completeness. You should verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it. The Content is provided “AS IS” without any warranties of any kind (express or implied). We hereby exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all liabilities, costs, claims, damages, losses and/or expenses arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the Content or arising from any infringing, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material in the Content.
- To the extent that any Content is made available by us online we reserve the right to suspend or remove access to such Content at any time.
- Notwithstanding clause 7.4, our aggregate liability to you, whether such liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any damages, loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind howsoever arising, out of in connection with any booking (or requested booking) made by you or otherwise in relation to a conference, shall be limited to the price paid by you in respect of your booking to attend the conference.
- Subject to clause 7.4, we shall not be liable to you for (i) any loss of profit, loss of or damage to data, loss of anticipated savings or interest, loss of or damage to reputation or goodwill or; (ii) any indirect, special or consequential damages, loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind.
- You agree to indemnify us, our staff and our affiliates and to hold us harmless to the fullest extent permitted by law, against all loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind arising from any act or omission by you (including your delegates) during or otherwise in relation to a conference.
- Nothing in this these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude either party’s liability for: death or personal injury caused by that party’s negligence, or the negligence of that party’s employees, agents or subcontractors; fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law.
[END Conference Terms & Conditions]
Course Terms and Conditions
Parties to Contract
Market FinReg Refers to Market FinReg Limited, a Limited Liability Company registered in England.
We/we, our/Our refers to Market FinReg.
You/you, your/Your refers to the person who is purchasing and/or signing up to one or more of our courses, or buying our product(s).
By pressing the ‘Take this Course’ button or by ordering the course by any other means, You are entering into a legal contract with Market FinReg which is offered and accepted by both parties on these terms and conditions.
Further Terms and Conditions
- The course (and the associated materials) is NOT available to persons (legal or natural) who are (or their immediate family members are) employees, contractors, consultants or otherwise associated with :
European Union Authorised Reporting Mechanisms;
European Union Trade Repositories;
Persons (legal or natural) who offer or intend to offer SFTR training courses;
Persons (legal or natural) who have previously offered MiFIR or EMIR training courses.
- All Our courses are in English (unless stated otherwise).
- You will sign up providing genuine details (e.g. Your legal name) using Your WORK email address. Free emails (e.g. Gmail, Hotmail etc.) will be rejected. For legal persons (companies), all users must work for You.
- No course notes or other material will be delivered on any free course.
- For online courses, upon Our granting You access to the course videos, You have TWENTY CALENDAR DAYS to complete the course. After this, Your access will expire. You agree to complete the course within TWENTY CALENDAR DAYS of being granted access. Access will NOT be renewed except upon entry of a new contract with related payment for a fresh course.
- While care has been taken to ensure correctness, We accept no liability for any omission or error.
- All courses and materials provided are commercial in confidence.
- The course and associated material(s) are for Your sole use. You agree to take reasonable steps to ensure Our course and associated materials are not made available to others. This includes, but is not restricted to, Your taking reasonable steps to ensure Your login and password to our website is kept secure and not shared and Your taking reasonable steps to ensure Our course material is not made available to others.
- Legal persons (companies) agree to purchase one course for each user and not to share material with persons who have not purchased a course.
- For online courses, if You reside in a jurisdiction where we have stated we will post complimentary hard copies of material, this shall not form the essence of the contract. Further, Our liability in this regard is only to the extent that We have handed over the material to a delivery/courier company for delivery to Your address.
- Legal persons (companies) agree to allow Us to list You as one of Our clients, including on our website by display of Your logo.
- The rights granted by this contract are NOT transferable and cannot be assigned.
- We reserve the right not to enter into a contract/sale with any person without reason.
- By signing up for the Course, You agree to all the points in this document.
Payment, Cancellation and Compensation
- You must pay for all courses in advance (up front) in full, cleared funds. You must pay in GBP and bear any FX or other bank fees.
- Coupons may be used at our sole discretion.
- Coupons are not cumulative (a single coupon cannot be combined with another) unless expressly permitted by a duly authorised officer of Us in writing.
- If You sign up to Our course(s) using fake details (e.g. nicknames, non-legal name etc.), you agree to forfeit any money paid and agree to compensate Us to the sum of £200. If You are a legal entity, the aforementioned compensation sum will be £10,000. You will pay Us the compensation in GBP within 14 calendar days to Market FinReg’s UK bank account.
- For online courses, once We grant you access to the course (following payment where the course is not free), You lose your right to cancel this contract. For online courses this means once We have approved access to Our online material/videos (We aim to do this within 24 hours of receiving Your cleared funds). Where available, We advise You to take the free taster courses before the paid versions in order to familiarise yourself with the platform and content.
- For in person, physical attendance, courses, You cannot cancel less than 14 calendar days before the course date. You will forfeit 100% of your payment.
- For cancellations You agree to assume any deductions due to FX and banking/processing fees.
- We reserve the right to cancel the in person courses up to 14 calendar days before the course date. If We cancel, then we will refund in full, assuming reasonable banking/processing fees to a standard UK or SEPA bank account. We disclaim and and all liabilty for all other incidental fees You may have incurred including travel costs and hotel bills.
None of the information provided on Our website or in Our courses constitutes advice: legal, financial, investment or otherwise.
- We disclaim any and all liability (contract, tort or otherwise) to any person (legal or natural) regarding any claim for loss damage or any other claim resulting from anything done or omitted as a result of taking Our course(s) or using Our product(s) including the information contained in Our course(s). While care has been taken to ensure its accuracy, this cannot be guaranteed. You should not rely on the information. You should consult with your own legal and compliance teams before undertaking any action, or deciding to omit an act.
- We rely on third party entities for the delivery of Our material (e.g. Vimeo to host our course videos; a web-hosting company to host our website; printing company to print our material; courier companies to deliver our material). We disclaim any and all liability for failures emanating from third-party failures that are out of our control. You agree not to hold us liable (contract, tort or otherwise) for the same.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Both parties agree that these terms and conditions and any contract that utilises them are exclusively governed by English Law. Both parties agree to submit any disputes to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England in London.
[END Course booking Terms & Conditions]
Parties to this contract are free to retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions solely for their private records.